Waste Of Paint

Monday, May 04, 2020

My First Time: An Alternate Reality

I met Aly in class.  We hit it off immediately.  Something about being with her, made it feel like both of us were fire, burning, a flame not dimmed when we were apart.  I thought of her constantly.  She thought of my just as much.  We became friends right away, and despite the tension we let it simmer, we waited for a boil.  We spent long nights with each other, a glance here and there that indicated we wanted more....that indicated that we wanted more than we could ever even hope to give each other, limitless desires of the sort that change the very nature of the universe itself.  Eventually, on a trip up the coast, we cuddled for the first time.  We held each other, watching the moon rise and the sea alternate between lapping the sand and attacking it with its full force.  The sand accepting this, accepting the change and movement, present in the never-ending tumult.  We shared a glance that could not be denied, by either of us.  We didn't break, we didn't turn away from the glance in shame or embarrassment or questioning....we met it.  We met the moment, we met our desire, we met our feelings where they were and we let ourselves burn.  We kissed the way lovers kiss, we kissed like we invented kissing itself, like it was the first time two humans had kissed. We didn't rush or slow down, we just were.  Maybe somewhere in the parts of our minds capable of future thinking, we knew that this moment would be a timestamp in both of our lives, would be a moment that would last well beyond our skin, our bones, our love.  But at the time we didn't think this, we felt it, deeper than thought.  Our bodies slowly snaked around each other.  Eventually we slowly took off each other's clothes.  The moon shines on the ocean and us, I can see it bouncing off of her eyes and know that is reflecting off mine as well.  I am alive.  We pull away, taking each other's bodies in fully for the first time.  I fucking love you, I say.  She smiles, I fucking love you too, she says with a smile.  I couldn't have dreamt of more than this, because I was feeling it.
     Slowly we moved forward.  I want to make love to you she says.  I don't wonder where her desire comes from, I don't investigate it, I accept it fully.  I let it sink in, what a fucking beautiful thing to hear.  She wants to make love to me.  She wants to enact her feeling of love on me and my body.  I take a moment for myself, all mine to enjoy.  I express my desire without restraint:  I want to make love to you.  So we do.  We are slow and gentle and maintain eye contact.  It feels as if we were made for each other, she for me, and me for her.  It feels as if this is the only possible way either of could have ever existed in this moment.  The night somehow manages to feel like forever and end so quickly.  I remember waking up with her on my chest, her naked body an octopus wrapped around me.  Covered in each other's smells, I can still remember not being able to differentiate them, because there was no difference, this was our smell, our morning.  We made love as soon as we awoke.  This time with the rising sun.  We can't recall falling asleep, the night seems a haze with moments popping their heads out to greet us.  We walk the beach, we go out for breakfast, we don't even attempt to stop the giggles pouring out of us.  We allow the night to stay with us, in all of its splendor, not caring that it will never happen just that way again, caring and happy that it did happen that way.  I drive her 3 hours back to her home, holding hands almost the entire way, kissing her goodbye, telling each other I love you, again.  I don't call any friends, I drive home, grab my surfboard, and run full speed down to my favorite place in the whole world, and spend the next four hours playing in the ocean, happier to be alive than I have ever been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home